Today I waited for the mail to come, but I didn’t get the EL wire I ordered. Maybe tomorrow.
Instead, I worked more on the paint. The screenshot shows that There is some grading between the gray of the cube, and the complete white of the corner pieces. I decided that I would try my hand at dry brushing to add the gray. I first added the gray, and then after it had dried a little more I added another drybrush layer of white. It turned out pretty ok. There’s some natural looking wear on the corner pieces, and grade from gray to white looks pretty good too.
Here’s the cube sanded. The white was way too shiny, and the finish wasn’t completely smooth. Sanding also added some wear to the cube that it needed. None of the pictures here show the detail very well.
Here you can see the gray added and the super light white coat to cover up the wear that was a little overboard.
Finally, here’s a close up of the gray to white. There’s too much white in the pic. Sorry, there’s nothing I can really do to fix that.
Later I will add a clear coat, but first I will wait for the EL wire to show up and I will get it mounted and epoxied in.